Fighting against discrimination
North South Volunteers
The volunteers of the North South (Norte-Sur) group carry out awareness-raising activities on the differences between the global North and South. It is for everyone, regardless of their condition, race or sex with them aim to make society fairer and more inclusive. In some cases the volunteers linked to this group have had previous experience in the SCI volunteer camps, although it is not an essential requirement and the group open to anyone who wants to participate.
North South Voluntary Group Activities
Among the activities we carry out are:
- Raising awareness of stereotypes, prejudices and racism in universities, associations and other spaces for debate.
- Giving talks to new workcamp participants on our premises.
- Organising the North South training, aimed at those volunteers who want to carry out a volunteer field in the global South.
- Organising of European trainings, aimed at volunteers interested in conducting a volunteer camp in Europe and more.
- Film screenings on social issues.
- Organising of parties and solidarity events.
- Organising events to spread SCI values.
Are you looking for an inclusive society?
If you want to actively participate in the activities, we invite you to participate in our monthly North South meetings. If you are interested in coming, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Asamblea Norte Sur”. We are looking forward to hearing your ideas! Please note a medium level of Spanish may be required to participate. If you have any doubts, please get in touch.